Now that we’re in December I am getting so excited for Christmas so I thought I would do the Christmas Tag to get in the festive spirit! Let me know what your answers to these questions would be in the comments!
- As a kid, did a sibling ever receive a present that you wished was for you?
I am three years older than my brother so there wasn’t really anything that he got that I wished I had as we usually asked for quite different things. We would always play together when we were younger anyway so we would often end up sharing some of our toys.
- Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
If I know that the person I’m giving the present to is going to love it, then I much prefer giving presents than receiving them as I always get excited to see the other person’s reaction. If I’m not sure whether they will like the present or not then I probably prefer receiving gifts!
- Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I don’t make New Years resolutions as such but I do set out my goals for the year and what I hope to achieve. I don’t think of it as a New Years resolution as I separate the different goals into different aspects of my life and this way there’s never a pressure to stick to a new routine that I will probably end up giving up!
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
I don’t usually because I love the excitement of Christmas morning! However, my boyfriend and I don’t tend to see each other on Christmas Day as we usually spend it with our own families so we will open our presents for each other before Christmas Day so we can see each other’s reactions.
- Have you ever made a snowman?
Yes absolutely whenever it snows it’s always a fun thing to do!
- How you decorate your house on a charismas day?
We usually put our decorations up in early December which involves 2 Christmas trees and fairy lights around the house.
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Nowadays it’s real but when I was little we used to have a fake one. I prefer the real ones now as they look more authentic.
- Most memorable Holiday moment?
I really couldn’t choose just one but I always enjoy having family members over for Christmas Day and then getting the entire family together for Boxing Day!
- Tell me about a person who makes your Christmas day very special?
My parents always go to so much trouble to make sure Christmas Day is perfect for everyone so they really make it special for me and I’m so grateful.
- What do you like to do on Christmas break?
Relax, spend time with family and friends and eat lots of food!
- What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Putting the Christmas tree up with my parents and brother as we do every year and having all the family together on Boxing Day.
- What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
This is so hard for me because I absolutely love all the food at Christmas time but I think I would have to go for pigs in blankets as my favourite holiday food!
- What is your favorite Christmas film?
When we were younger we would watch the Polar Express every year so possibly this for nostalgic reasons! More recently though I enjoy watching Home Alone.
- What is your favorite Christmas song?
Santa Tell Me, Ariana Grande
- What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
Everything! Family, presents, food, decorations just everything is so special!
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
We normally always have Christmas at home however next year we will be in Barbados until 2 days before Christmas so I am really excited for this and I think it will feel a little bit strange to be in the warm in December!
- When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
- Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home with my family
- You have been granted one Christmas wish…what will it be?
This year, just to see all my family together will be so special. It has been a bit of a difficult year in terms of getting the family together because of some diagnoses that have meant some of my family members have been quite unwell. So for me, my Christmas wish would be for us all to be in the same place and in each other’s company with good health this year!
Thanks for reading my answers to the Christmas Tag. I am tagging anyone who reads this post and wants to take part! Let’s spread some Christmas cheer! XOX